"The further I advance in the program, the more possibilities I see opening up before me."
– Josiane Jauniaux, BSc in Psychology
Menu de navigation
Our undergraduate programs provide an introduction to psychology and prepare students for 3 types of careers:
- A career in science
- A professional career in psychology
- A career in a related discipline
Are you interested in learning about different memory functions? About how the brain processes language? Would you like to work in new sectors like neuropsychology or psycholegal assessment?
Then our psychology programs are made for you.
The Department of Psychology offers the following programs:
- BSc in Psychology (Baccalauréat en psychologie)
- BSc in Cognitive neuroscience (Baccalauréat en neuroscience cognitive)
- Major in Psychology (Majeure en psychologie)
- Minor in Psychology (Mineure en psychologie)
Our bidisciplinary program
The BSc in Psychology gives you basic scientific training. Consequently, most people with this degree pursue graduate studies in psychology or related fields.
To practise as a psychologist, you must have a doctoral degree (PsyD or PhD R/I) to become a member of the Ordre des psychologues du Québec. You can then work in:
Psychologists and psychology researchers can also find jobs in innovative fields like:
Those wishing to join the labour market with a BSc degree can become human relations workers in community organizations and rehabilitation organizations. They can also work as psychotechnicians and administer psychological tests.